Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone, I’m a first time boat builder, although I helped a friend of mine build a catamaran about 50 years ago. Seems like yesterday and I still remember some of the techniques I learned from him! I live close by a small lake in northeastern Ohio and the Oonagh is a perfect size to sail or row to the tavern across the lake. I started around Thanksgiving 2020 and will likely finish later this summer. I’ve gotten a lot of good advice from Kit’s videos, of course, but also from Bob Donaldson and Doug Hermann. Thanks for your help, guys. Check out my blog about this project at tomsboat.com.

Participant

Hi Thomas

Great to hear from you. Your location sounds awesome and the thought that you can use Oonagh to get to your local tavern would have to be as good as it gets!

If you do get to NZ  (all things COVID allowing) please do look me up. As you probably know Hamilton is only about 3-4 hour drive away.

I started Oonagh in Nov last and have nearly completed the hull with painting underway. Still away to go though as I have done nothing about spars, rudder etc.FAC0482C-8D01-45EE-A072-E76A22568776

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.