Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

I tackled the center thwart first as the angles involved – though not always a perfect 90 degrees, was less scary that what lay ahead in the bow.

it all went pretty straightforward, no real surprises. I don’t think I had any major errors. I did not get any pictures of the details. Will do that tomorrow.

Then it was one to the bow. I am not as fussy and Obsessive as Kit says she is. I am only going to spend so much time on something that will never be seen. Everything is nicely done, the only less than ideal pieces are the two front pieces that transverse both the sheer and chine planks. Too late in the day, too many compound curves – I am thinking airplane terms – all three – yaw, pitch and roll one piece, I decided get it close. Epoxy is a wonderfully strong material, there is a lot of other support pieces close by. To me getting the thwart itself to lay nicely upon all the touchpoint of the supports, bulkheads, bow and interior plank facings. I think I have accomplished that piece.

Tomorrow I will start coating all these bergy bits with clear unthickened  epoxy. Then Friday will epoxy everything in it’s final place. Then onto finishing the gunwales.

FITTING OUT THE BOW THWART SUPPORT STRUCTURE

IMG_3165

Everything done except the two front pieces that transcend across two very different planes

IMG_3167

EVERYTHING READY FOR EPOXY SEAL COAT AND FINAL INSTALLATION, CLOSER EVERY DAY.

IMG_3168

ANOTHER 24 HOURS PREP FOR PAINTING MAY ACTUALLY COMMENCE!

IMG_3169

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.