Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

You can click “BUILDERS’ BOATHOUSE” above in the blue breadcrumb trail to go back to the Builders’ Boathouse and that is the place where you can see who’s building the AROHA and connect with them.

There in the Builders’ Boathouse you can create a topic with a title of your name and home town (i.e. “Bill Smith – Marblehead MA”), and put any other information you’d like to share in a post within your topic. Be sure to check the box to receive an email when anyone posts/replies within your topic so you’ll know when someone is trying to communicate with you.

Privacy laws prevent Off Center Harbor from posting members’ private information, but builders are encouraged do that themselves.

Participant

This is exciting.  Can’t wait to see what others are up to.  I personally have postponed my build until next spring due to the inflated costs of material at this time, along with other unexpected projects taking precedence.  The videos OCH have posted thus far on AROHA  have been very enlightening.  Please keep them coming.

Phil Smith

Whitehall, NY

Participant

Hello Phil,

I’ve spent time in Whitehall (Birthplace of the US Navy) when transiting the Champlain Canal. Beautiful area.

Yeah, I  spent a small fortune on lumber when I built my boat shed last spring. Should have waited, but I was anxious to start Aroha.

Lumber futures are down. Probably back to normal by fall.

Regards,

Don Hall

Participant

I’ll be in Brooklin this week at the WBS.  Any chance of stopping by to see the progress of AROHA?

Phil Smith

Participant

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Douglas Fir.  Came out of Michigan and I picked it up in South Ben Indiana at Johnson’s Workbench.  I have the stem and stern post made, the 38 hp Beta Marine, misc parts like deck beams.  Started to assemble the strong back in the garage.

Lumber was expensive, mostly clear vertical grain Doug Fir in long lengths.  Had to have 2×12 long lengths resawn for the inner keel.  That material was 15/bf.  Expect to have the strong back assembled in January 2024.

will start a build thread under my login.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.