Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

This is the place where you can see who’s building the ARRIBA/OONAGH dinghy and connect with them.

Builders can create a topic with a title of your name and home town (i.e. “Bill Smith – Marblehead MA”), and put any other information you’d like to share in a post within your topic.  Be sure to check the box to receive an email when anyone posts/replies within your topic so you’ll know when someone is trying to communicate with you.

Privacy laws prevent Off Center Harbor from posting members’ private information, but builders are encouraged do that themselves.

Participant

Don Fraser…Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia

Finished “LOON” in spring 2021. Used for rowing tender only. This boat has mast step installed for possible future use, but does not have a centreboard trunk. The trunk can easily be refitted for possible future use.

This was a good project for our “Covid winter”, restricting us from travelling!

Thanks to Hylan and Brown, Off Center Harbor and Kit for the excellent videos.

Richard HonanRichard Honan
      Participant

Richard Honan – Winthrop Mass.

I am just finishing my Oonagh. Started in late January 2022 with the help of two good friends. My Oonagh, named, “Summer Sisters” is named after my two daughters, Amy and Christine. My Oonagh is unique in that it breaks down into a two piece hull, which easily bolts together. IMG_3072IMG_2881IMG_3242IMG_4962IMG_4963I also added three additional, sealed water tight floatation chambers.

Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

Hi Richard!

What a great looking build! The flush hinges are definitely a nice touch! Nice engineering on the two part hull. Are you expecting to take it apart frequently or just take it apart for winter storage?

Doug H

Richard HonanRichard Honan
      Participant

Hi Doug! Yes, a fun and reasonably easy build. First, the rumors circulating about the fact that I couldn’t get the one piece hull out of cellar, so I had to cut it in half are completely false. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. No, I will not be taking it apart frequently, but it does make transporting in my short bed pickup truck a lot easier. All truck beds can handle 48″ width and Oonagh has 60″beam, she is not about to slide into any large or small truck bed.IMG_4306IMG_3014

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.