Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

The final application of fairing compound went on today. I will sand tomorrow and call enough is enough. This is a boat, not a museum piece. No one should be afraid to beach it on the rocks, or take a hard jibe into an overly aggressive dock landing!

I also put the 1st finish coat on the undersides of the hatches. I am a lousy painter and I am trying to mix in some Penetrol to the finish coats and really try to get a nice finish. Rolling and tipping is the approach. Penetrol seems good will experiment some more on the hatches before tackling the cockpit or hull.
      I applied another coat of varnish to the knees and inwale spacer blocks. I will be applying another varnish coat to the inwales in the morning.

Still to do: blocks for oarlocks, secure inwales, paint interior, paint exterior, attach gunnel guard, mortise in the hinges for the cockpit hatches, more varnishing on spars, finish the cleats, etc for mast and spars. Buy material, Build and finish a mast! Fine tune the fitment of the mast.

Hatch covers, bottom-side getting RustOleum gloss white paint. Exterior/topside will be Kirby paint..

DC991C96-15D1-46DF-8167-F30A909C2456

Fairing compound;  daggerboard and rudder each received a coat of anti- fouling paint.
      D79EBC4C-2936-4216-953E-0CC6FB5940EB

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.