Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

The interior of the boat is done for all practical purposes. Some touch up stuff to handle just before launch. Today I had #1 son available to flip boat over so I could clean up,and finish the lower daggerboard opening; sand and apply 2 more finish coats on the top side planks; and apply the final,coat of anti-fouling. Oh, and I may add the brass half-oval rub strip.

Let me tell you; This is not a light boat. I will have to figure out how to weigh it and let you all know. It was a beast for my son and I to handle. I have always envisioned this to be a light, easily handled with two reasonably in good shape people. Now I’m not so sure. One thing for me to struggle, but my son is 6ft, 200+lbs and he grunted a few times!

regardless,we prevailed.. the boat is supported by a couple of Rube Goldberg brackets. It’s at a nice height to work. Easy to reach everything

BOAT UPSIDE DOWN. HATCHES TAPED SHUT

DETAIL,OF BRACING tape holding hatches closed,o

IooC438E7C5-3A0B-4518-8577-AFEDA085B96CCC013A6A-FE30-4EF3-B790-252A8EB79BD1

Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

A little more detail on the support brackets, to protect the finish on the interior, I cut off some left over gunnel guard to act as a cushion between boat and support . A diagonal brace to ensure the boat doesn’t rock back and forth along it’s centerline.
      D066F6FB-8CAA-4F07-BFC4-44430B8DF8EC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.