Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

Steve – Great to see this up and running!

My first question:

Is there a limit to the number of photos you can include in a post/reply?

Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

Hi again Steve – Another question

I just tried to post a photo and got an error message that perhaps the photo file size was too big. It was 1.8Mbytes.

Is there a size (resolution) limit as well? If so, would you know how do I make the files smaller?

Steve StoneSteve Stone
        Keymaster

Size shouldn’t be the issue here, Doug.  I’ve tested uploading images much larger.

That said, it’s generally better to reduce the size of photos before putting them on the web since the larger files not only take up lots of server space but they can upload slowly and cause a page to on the site to load much more slowly for those with slow internet speed, especially if there are multiple large images on a page.

Image files can be very big straight from the camera or phone, and it can be a pain to shrink them down for sure.

Your computer will likely have a basic image program where you can change the size to about 1000px wide, and change the resolution to either 72dpi or “medium”.  That’ll shrink the size of your files dramatically and make them easier to work with.  It’s best for you to google/find the right program to do that with because there are countless combinations of device/app/combos.  i.e. If you’re on a mac, there’s an application “Preview” that is easy/basic.  There are different options for PC’s but that’s info we don’t know.

Steve StoneSteve Stone
      Keymaster

Hi Doug. It should allow 10 images per post/reply. Images are included as links, and our security software protects against over 10 links, as that’s what spammers do. If you have more than 10 images for something you can just put them in multiple posts/replies.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.