Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Doug HermannDoug Hermann
      Participant

Started out real well in hanging the sheer planks. It wasn’t until I got to the port side epoxy work that I got myself a bit sideways.

I picked up 6 – 8″ deep throat clamps from harbor freight – they worked great!

IMG_2864IMG_2863IMG_2865IMG_2867IMG_2868

All looked good as I laid out 6oz fiberglass cloth. Then I covered with Peel Ply – then I saw my mistake….

I put on way way too much epoxy – erroneously thinking that the excess would be drawn up and away by the Peel Ply…

Nope – it just bubbled up into a miserable looking mess. The next morning, after about 30 minutes scraping and sanding I got everything back to feeling and looking good.

When I did the Port side – I did not have any issues. The peel Ply worked perfectly – I only had about 1 minute of finish sanding to smooth things out.

The best part was letting a couple of the grandkids strip off the Peel Ply!

OOPS – somehow the pictures are not in proper order – but you can see what they are……

IMG_2899IMG_2896IMG_2906

IMG_2875IMG_2876IMG_2879IMG_2880IMG_2887IMG_2888IMG_2889

Participant

Doug – I just finished this step and wrote a new posting. Check it out at tomsboat.com. I’m learning a lot from your posts. I’m right behind you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.